WHO IS HE?
Michael Marshall is an R&B soul singer, from Berkeley California, with a love for hip-hop. He is a ‘gospel kid’ at heart, as he grew up singing in the Church. He started his career in the 80’s as the powerful lead singer for the Timex Social Club with billboard chart topping songs ‘RUMORS’ and ‘Thinking About You Girl’. Michael’s voice is known worldwide for hit songs as a featured artist in multiple genres. His vocals are featured in the 90’s certified platinum rap song ‘I Got 5 On It’ by the LUNIZ, as well as ‘Your Body’ by house/dance music DJ Tom Novy. In 2005 Michael produced his first solo album, ‘Soul of the Bay’ which contains the autobiographical song “Who Is He”. Michael continues to be featured in musical collaborations, most notably with San Francisco Bay Area rapper E40, as well as long time collaborator Equipto with the K.I.M. (Keep It Movin’) albums.
Michael Marshall has many hits & memorable songs that will go down in history. These incredible songs have to make way for another dose of brilliance by Mr. Meezy. His NEW Project “Grown & Sexy” is here! You can also find Meezy’s voice and image as a contributing feature on the trailer for ‘The Last Black Man In San Francisco’ singing the classic “San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)”.
• 1986: ”Rumors” (Timex Social Club) Single #1 US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Charts, #8 US Billboard Hot 100.
• 1987: American Music Awards & Soul Train Awards (Nominations for Best R&B Record with Timex Social Club).
• 1995-96: “I Got 5 On It” (Luniz) Single RIAA Certified Platinum, #2 Top 10 Singles Chart BRD (Germany), #3 UK Singles Top 10 Charts, #4 US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop #8 US Billboard Hot 100, #4 US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop.
• 2005: “Your Body” (Tom Novy & Adrian Misiewicz) Single #10 UK Singles Top 10 Charts.
• 2019: ‘Meezay (Haight-Ashbury Singer)’ actor, “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” winner - Sundance Film Festival (Best Director, Special Jury Award).